Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experiencing quick logouts under the 2-step verification?

Taxprohere
Level 7

I thought with 2-step verification we would remain logged into our account (and this is ProSeries Professional) for something like 10 hours?  This is for 2020 prior year which I leave open on my desktop, after ~2-3 hours I have to get an verification code again....why should it be treated differently?  I haven't tested the timeout with the current year, guess that's a good sign I'm busy.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

I believe if you are not using it then you do have to sign back in after a while. I think 2021 is the same as 2020 as far as this goes.

Taxprohere
Level 7

Yes, but the benefit of this 2-step was to extend the time-out to much longer period.  I found the Inuit notice: 

With current IRS security requirements your tax software login timeout occurs after 30 minutes of inactivity, however the IRS is extending this to 12 hours starting sometime in January. This change is due to the expectation that Tax Pros will have adopted two step verification to make their software login more secure. 

ProSeries will extend the login timeout in February

When, February 29?

PATAX
Level 15

It should be 0 hours and 0 minutes. What a bunch of crap. Just my opinion.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7
Spoiler
Broken promise. 

ProSeries promised 🙄 that when we abided by the two step verification mandated by the IRS beginning this January, they would update by end of February to follow the IRS-allowed 12 hour time-out.

With current IRS security requirements your tax software login timeout occurs after 30 minutes of inactivity, however the IRS is extending this to 12 hours starting sometime in January. This change is due to the expectation that Tax Pros will have adopted two step verification to make their software login more secure. 

ProSeries will extend the login timeout in February

My calendar says March 5.

90 minutes timeout is not 12 hours, ProSeries.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, it's close.  Well, at least someone at Intuit thinks it's close.  Intuit isn't very good with numbers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers