Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Alabama Practictioners Here for a Question

dascpa
Level 11

Looking for an AL practitioner familiar with both partnerships and ProSeries.  Have a multi-state issue with AL tax returns and wish to learn how to handle it correctly.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

They are probably still drowning their sorrows from Saturday's football game.  You might have better luck trying again tomorrow.

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

What is your problem? someone might be able to help you if you give more details.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dascpa
Level 11

Multi-state LLC (AL, LA, NC, TX) all residential rental properties.  Sold one property in LA.  Every way I input AL wants to apportion part of the LA gain to AL for both LLC and composite return.  Cannot get past errors.  Want to walk through both law and input as in this case AL had a loss.  Also have 2nd and 3rd LLC's with exact same situation.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So, at the bottom of  Info Sheet, You indicated needing to do non-resident return for AL, I assume.

Then you quick Zoom to Nonresident State Allocation Worksheet,   put the Bama amounts of those K-1s in the AL column.

Then on the ALABama  40NR, Schedules B,D&E , in  Part II, Line 6, you enter the K-1 infos...with all amounts in column B and Bama amounts in Column C.

I do several Non-resident Alabama Returns for clients as I'm only about 45 miles from the Alabama state line.   Maybe yours have different components that my clients don't have, but the above works on mine.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dascpa
Level 11

Thank you but my questions were not about individual tax returns.  It was about partnership returns as noted above.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry... I didn't read closely enough.  My Bad/

0 Cheers