Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Scam Happening

dascpa
Level 11

From the multiple daily I'd like you to prepare my tax return, I'll upload last year, what's your price to the latest - got an email today from CCH that ProSystem fx needs me to upload my EFIN approval.  Never used ProSystem fx so I know this is fraud.

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

I do like how they authenticate an Intuit letter by throwing in "software vendors, such as Drake".

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Similar letter.  Wolters Klower, CCH, ProSystem fx  - they got all the right verbiage. 

Forget electric, I'm sticking with gas.  Forget e-file and online.  I'm going back to paper.  Forget calculators, I'm going back to my slide rule and abacus.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You had me, up to abacus.  I'm afraid that would be too much of a learning curve for me.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I prefer the soroban to the abacus. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

This is what I usually do: when I get unsolicited email, I immediately delete it, straight to the trash bin where it belongs. When I get unsolicited phone calls, I don't answer it or I hang up on them immediately. When I get unsolicited mail it goes straight to the shredder. I don't give a crap if it's legitimate or not. If I want something then I'll contact them.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@dascpa Do you use anything else from CCH?

We use Workflow and I got that email from them last year.

I tried to splain they don't need my EFIN for that. They said they did. I didn't send it.

Ex-AllStar
dascpa
Level 11

I have never used CCH software of any kind so I knew it was Spam.  35+ years ago I had the CCH tax books where weekly they would send us revised pages and we had to go through the entire set and replace those outdated pages.  The good old days.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The good old days of paper.  I actually could find what I wanted fairly quickly with those kinds of books.  The new and improved digital, not so much.

Slava Ukraini!
Taxtime3
Level 3

I am going to use my fingers and toes.  Oh wait a minute, I already do.