Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And the business extensions are all out the door

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well I'm feeling pretty good, all of my extensions are complete.  But that feel good moment was short lived ------- I just remembered I have 6.3 million individual returns to get out by the April 19th due date.  But then again, my printer is still working and so is my staple puller, so I'm back to feeling good again.  But as long as I'm here, I need to fulfill my @joshuabarksatlcs duties:

Dr O’Mahony tells his patient, “I have bad news and worse news, Paddy.”

“Oh dear,” Paddy replies, “What’s the bad news?”

The doctor says, “You only have 24 hours to live.”

“That’s terrible,” says Paddy, “How can the terrible news possibly be worse?”

Dr O’Mahony replies, “I’ve been trying to contact you since yesterday.”

And yeah, I know the due date is 4/18 - I just wanted to see if anyone was still paying attention to me.

Slava Ukraini!
10 Comments 10
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

got all my S, C, LLC extensions done too... trying to move new callers to extensions.. i have few spots left in second week of april.. easier to put existing client on extension than new clients. 

abctax55
Level 15

Just efiled the last S-Corp extension.

Fortunately I only have 4.8 million individuals to do by April 19th... so I make just take the day off /S

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go ahead and take a couple of days off since we have those extra 4 days this year.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Had 3 S corp extensions rejected due to IRS not processing 2553's timely.  Had to mail those in with a note attached.  A few states had to mail in to.  

I stop accepting new returns as of last Sunday in March, otherwise everyone would wait until last minute.  I get so many drop-offs and Client Portal uploads scheduling is out of my control.

I probably have turned down over 200 potential clients.  No time, no staff, no toner or staples.  My two tax season favorite songs:  I Don't Care Anymore and Running on Empty.

IRonMaN
Level 15

During tax season, I tend to lean towards Highway to Hell as my favorite.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

And there's always "Taxman" by the Beatles.

John used to sing that to me when we first started dating.  I married him anyway.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I just remembered I have 6.3 million individual returns to get out by the April 19th due date. 

When I grow up, I want to be like Tom Hagen.  "Tom Hagen: I have a special practice. I handle one client....

As to the extra 4 days for this tax season, sadly, I blew it in Vegas earlier in February already....

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Anna - well, we all do have our faults.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

to get out by the April 19th due date

And yeah, I know the due date is 4/18 - I just wanted to see if anyone was still paying attention to me.

And I thought you moved to Maine or Massachusetts.  😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, they are "M" states so I see where you could have been confused.  Maybe I should have said April 20th to avoid the confusion 😆

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers