Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending an 1120 and CA-100 in ProSeries

sffdib
Level 5

Can we Amend and Efile a previously filed form 1120 and form 100 in ProSeries Professional? The instructions are confusing?

Do we make a copy, amend and Efile or amend and Efile from the previously filed return?

Is there a clear step-by-step instructions?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_AleeW
Employee
Employee

ProSeries does support electronic filing of the amended return for both the Federal 1120 and the California Form 100. You are not required to make a copy but can if you would like to keep the figures as you originally filed them. When it comes to preparing the return you would activate the amended Form 1120X and the California Form 100X and prepare the amendment from the original file. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't make any computer copy (the original is wrong, why would I want to keep a computer file of it?), just make your changes, mark the Amended box on Page 1 of the form, and mark the Amended box in the Efiling choices of the Fed Info worksheet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Intuit_AleeW
Employee
Employee

ProSeries does support electronic filing of the amended return for both the Federal 1120 and the California Form 100. You are not required to make a copy but can if you would like to keep the figures as you originally filed them. When it comes to preparing the return you would activate the amended Form 1120X and the California Form 100X and prepare the amendment from the original file. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Deleted....I was thinking of the 1120S, you can EF both of the amended for that type of return

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers