Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amending a return that's past the deadline

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So, some of my clients ERTC claims have not been processed as yet, They were timely filed.  What happens if they get the funds after 4/15/24...when supposedly, I should not be able to amend a 2020 return?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

The deadline for amending 2020 returns for a refund is 4/15/24.  I assume you owe money on amendment with the income from the ERC.  So you can amend 2020 whenever.  The deadline for amending returns owing money I believe is right around the next USA eclipse...

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

The deadline for amending 2020 returns for a refund is 4/15/24.  I assume you owe money on amendment with the income from the ERC.  So you can amend 2020 whenever.  The deadline for amending returns owing money I believe is right around the next USA eclipse...

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Thanks for the clarification!  in my decades of debits and credits, this is anew one on me!

Thanks again!!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.