Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow check mark on the forms to confirm data entry

taxladies
Level 2

This topic is on the suggestion feature to get ProSeries to add this feature to the tax program.  In Drake and Lacerta, a person who is reviewing the data entered  can put a green checkmark next to the dollar, showing that the dollar amount is correct.

This would be helpful in case you put in some dollar amount on the return by accident and a person who is checking on the tax documents will not see this as it was not on a tax document.  Therefore it will not get a green mark.  

Please go and vote for the to be added for 2023 tax returns.

14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you want folks to vote, shouldn't you include a link so that those folks know where the polling place is?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN if they do that, then I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually leads to us not being able to efile the return until ALL the check marks are entered EVERYWHERE. Not a good idea in my opinion. Just be careful when you're entering data and you can double check it as you go.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's for the reviewing process, not the doing process.  But we are still old fashioned and returns get reviewed on paper with non-photo blue pencil check marks, so I don't need it ------- or want it.  My point was just that if you really want folks to vote for what you think is a marvelous idea, you really should tell them how to find that post.  It's like me telling folks that they should go read about Heidi listening to polkas.  Good luck finding it 😁

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Didn't George post that idea in the last few days?

@PATAX  - in Lacerte it does not interfere with anything.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa👍 yes but Lacerte is the favorite child of Intuit. Pro Series is the ugly red-headed stepchild.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

Turdddotaxx is Intuit's favorite child.  Lacerte and ProSeries are the ugly red headed siamese twin stepchildren.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Looks like the T u r d is the head of the Herd🐘🥔

sjrcpa
Level 15

And ProConnect is the **bleep** redheaded, Siamese, etc. stepchild.

Bleep = illegitimate   b a s t a r d

Ex-AllStar
taxes96786
Level 9

If the reviewer is diligent, this is not needed.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Laura, if the preparer is diligent, they don't need the software. For the rest of us that use the software any feature that makes the process easier and more accurate should be embraced. 

Here is the link for that suggestion https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/allow-check-mark-on-the-forms-to...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

@George4Tacks I have to disagree with you. I am diligent and yes I do need the software. Some returns are just too complicated and massive and software is needed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe that comment was directed towards Laura.  Either she has never reviewed a return or she has only reviewed returns with a single W-2.

Slava Ukraini!
taxladies
Level 2

HERE IS THE PLACE TO VOTE FOR CHECK MARKS ON THE PROGRAM.  Hope it works.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/allow-check-mark-on-the-forms-to...

taxladies
Level 2
0 Cheers