Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of My recet Post

rcooley25
Level 11

Over the last few days I have made many post that has apparently offended a great many people. I believe that in some cases peo[ple were misunderstanding what I was trying to do. Some of your responses have been quite harsh and only my christain faith keeps me from saying what I would like to say to you. My sujestion to those who have been offended by what I have ask or said that in the future when you see my name on a post dont bother reading it.

17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everybody that posts here (both askers and answerers) need to have thick skin.  Personally, all of the anvils have toughened up my skin so that is about 3 inches thick.  My standard writing style involves the use of sarcasm as much as possible.  So for those that are offended by sarcasm, look away if you seem Wile E posting because you probably aren't going to be happy.  If you are a leisurely user of sarcasm, by all means read my posts.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's not unusual for people to misunderstand that this internet community is Peers and not Intuit's own Customer Support.

There is nothing wrong with using it as intended. When someone doesn't like an answer, that doesn't mean it isn't the answer, unfortunately. And conditions change over time; things do actually get corrected or resolved. This is a great place to see developing issues and resolutions of issues.

Even though this forum is for using ProSeries, it also helps that the same community is on top of, for example, Acts of Congress, or changes in your specific State that affect what you need to know and do.

Welcome to the Fun House.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

@rcooley25👍 you are okay rcooley.....But now that you said for certain people not to read your posts, then they are definitely going to read it and reply to it... but don't worry about it, sometimes it's hard to tell if they're serious or not, or what the heck is going on.. As the song says, "Take It Easy"... Heidi likes that song too.👍🐕

qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh, perhaps this info will be useful:

Once you start a topic, unless you control this in your settings/preferences in the profile, then every time there is a new contribution, you likely are signed up for Email notices. That might be driving you crazy. You can control this. Top Right of these internet pages, click on your avatar and select Subscriptions (which is a specific tab in the profile; you can look at all of them while you are there). Here is where you see topics you "subscribed" to, and you control global settings or selective settings.

That helps a lot. Pretty much every internet forum allows you to customize some personal controls.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15
PATAX
Level 15

How about we have a vote not to have any more voting? This would be possible if ProSeries was proactive, and took care of matters before they reach the voting stage. Maybe test things before they release it or something like that ? But that is just my opinion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll vote for that.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

We used to have a thumbs up/thumbs down. That was thrown out as being offensive, so the powers at be put in this popularity contest so some of us with inflated egos could ourselves list on the front page. It was considered that our tender egos could not handle being thumbs downed and thrown to the lions. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

We can still give a thumbs down just like this: 👎👎👎... if they don't like it, then too bad, I don't give a crap...

George4Tacks
Level 15

@IRonMaN what is the word that best describes voting for not voting? 

Frank & Ernest  2003-04-13.jpg

BobKamman
Level 15

Or as you wrote Friday, " If you are offendwed by my constant questioning about this then maybe you should choose another line of work."

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

How about we have a vote not to have any more voting?

I'm not sure if that is a good idea.  Maybe we could vote to decide if we should have a vote to not have any more voting.   🤣

PATAX
Level 15

As Spock would say: that sounds logical... Live long and prosper...

IRonMaN
Level 15

But before we vote on that, has Intuit finished with their redistricting plan?

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: @IRonMaN what is the word that best describes voting for not voting? 

He delegated this to me.  The answer depends on the voting system.  In America, practically, we call it a filibuster.  In countries like Russia, they call it Tuesday.

This is the best I could come up with.   Please, pretty please accept it or @IRonMaN will fire me.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
dascpa
Level 11

I've set up a "safe space" in my office for (a) those offended by everything in life, and (b) for those who owe big time and never planned for it. 

George4Tacks
Level 15
Having something like this quickly available is very useful. https://www.redbubble.com/i/throw-pillow/SCREAM-PILLOW-by-christinaashman/69852833.5X2YF