Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama Individual Forms are not printing. When will they be available to be printed?

terry145
Level 1

I am doing individual tax returns in Alabama. The federal forms print just fine. Why is Alabama forms not printing. There is no indication on any forms when I do error checking that anything is wrong. They seem to be ok.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
GodFather
Level 8

According to the Online Release Date update provided by Intuit on the myproconnect website, Alabama forms should be released by February 17.  I'm having the same issue with New Jersey.  It would be nice to know if this is a State issue or an Intuit issue.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
GodFather
Level 8

According to the Online Release Date update provided by Intuit on the myproconnect website, Alabama forms should be released by February 17.  I'm having the same issue with New Jersey.  It would be nice to know if this is a State issue or an Intuit issue.  

mm1
Level 5

According to the Alabama E-file director, they approved the forms before 1-21-22. Intuit keeps trying every year to blame Alabama yet I have a direct line to AL E-file and they are quick to say the date approval was given. It is Intuit and Proseries. Notice that in Turbotax the Alabama returns have been able to be printed and e-filed for over a week now. Proseries embarrasses us every year. Every other software can print and efile before we can. Last year (2020) they finally decided we could print the return but "DO NOT FILE" was printed across every page. We sent them out anyway like that telling the client we were sorry but can't control the software provider. I went ahead and e-filed the clients returns and they were all accepted by Alabama. I didn't hold anything after being able to print the return so I could give the clients a copy. I made sure that the ones with that stamp across them had a permanent note on the printout that it was filed as is and that it was the software developers problem so if they went to another preparer I didn't look like a fool. I am sick of dealing with Proseries but I have too many clients to swap to a different program since whoever I changed to can not guarantee the conversion will be 100% correct. 

BirminghamBert
Level 3

I guess the issue is Intuit across the board. I use ProConnect and have the same problem. Evidently Alabama is very low on the list. Maybe Mississippi lower.

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

I can only really speak to Alabama but this State has been treated as a stepchild for many years, every since Intuit bought the software. I have used this software since it came out in the early 80's developed by ChipSoft. The problem with late releases and software issues on the Alabama software began when Intuit bought out the previous owner (and I can't remember who that was). Although we do other state returns, they usually come in later and so I don't know as much.