Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After today, can I still file a tax return electronically even though it will be past the due date?

maria
Level 1

I want to know if tax returns filed after the due date of extensions can still be e-filed?

If I have a return that is not completed today, can it still be e-filed tomorrow or next week?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Yes you can, although IRS will take the servers offline sometime in November at which point you will not be able to get it to them, and obviously submitting after the deadline is subject to late penalties as applicable.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Yes you can, although IRS will take the servers offline sometime in November at which point you will not be able to get it to them, and obviously submitting after the deadline is subject to late penalties as applicable.

0 Cheers
maria
Level 1
Thank you Ashley! I thought so but wasn't sure. Yes I know about penalties, but can't be helped!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I got ya, sometimes it happens
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts