Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After re-installing Pro Series on a new computer, how do you re populate clients on the homepage?

Wooters1250
Level 1

I had to upgrade to Windows 10, so a new computer was purchased. Now to be able to bring data forward, I had to re-install 2018 and prior. The homepage is blank. How do I re-populate the homepage with my active clients?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
meoleson
Level 5

Have you restored you previous clients from an external hard drive or flash drive?

Setterman
Level 2

You upgraded to a new computer ad new system (Windows 10).

On your old computer with your old operating system still functioning, back up your PS data file to a thumb drive or external hard drive. In your newl computer, you can bring information several ways.

Best way....Install both 2018 and 2019 on your new computer. Go to 2018 PS and ..., at home base, go to "File", then "Client file Maintenance", then "Restore" and follow the prompts.

Then go to 2019 PS and utilize the transfer tab to move selected files forward as you need them.

Note: I would install all earlier versions you purchased on the new computer as well as 2018 PS. Second, by transferring only those files forward that you are working on currently (as they send you data) you can better track returning clients, information, filing from those that have not yet sent in info to gauge better workflow as you go thru the "busy season".

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the files have already been moved over to the new computer in the 19DATA folder, just run a Homebase Database Maintenance and it will pull them all into Homebase.

datamaint.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪