Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

990-EZ Tax exempt status

esnabover
Level 1

Client has an Association and says it is 501 (c) 6. When I select 501 (c) it defaults to subsection 3. .I've tried to Override to 6...it stays in Error . I also need line K to have Association checked. 

They are a State Association with a National umbrella.

Line J must match to e-file 

Thanks

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
ehill
Level 4

You enter the information on the information works sheet at the beginning, part 3

0 Cheers
esnabover
Level 1

I'm sorry in the subject line I said 990EZ  Not sure if the 990 is different but Part 3 of the Info worksheet 

is Program Service Accomplishments

I have the info in the Heading area before Part 1. I have to Override in the Tax Status:

The second

501(c) sub 6... And the Association is checked.

The Override is in Red and not sure it will E-file as is. 

Thanks

0 Cheers
mdarosa
Level 1

I have the same issue..

Form 990 501c5 and it is an association as most Labor Unions.

I get the error that I must leave number status blank.

How do we override?   Once you select 501c5, it will not let you select form of organization and defaults to corporation on the form.

0 Cheers
mdarosa
Level 1

I am not sure what you mean. Part 3 of the info worksheet is what we are working on.

We cannot select Association as form of organization...

the software is defaulting to corporation

0 Cheers
ehill
Level 4

The very first line in Part III, says:

[ ] 501(c) Corporation/Association then the blank for the section number.  

Do not check any of the other boxes in that section.  Just tried it, no errors or anything to override

mdarosa
Level 1

Once I follow your suggestion the form 990 shows it as corp on the Form.

I need to show it as an association....

0 Cheers
esnabover
Level 1

I had to Override on the Actual 990 for the Association to populate. Then the efile accepted as complete

0 Cheers
esnabover
Level 1

With the Subsection 6 input I had to Override on the Actual 990EZ and then the Efile took.

0 Cheers
esnabover
Level 1

Exactly what happened in my case. You saw I on later post that I had to Override on the Actual 990EZ to get the Association to populate and then the efile with threw

0 Cheers