Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9465 wet sign question

jblynch
Level 2

For reasons due to K-1 gain income from family trust asset liquidation and distribution in late 2022, will be filing for a payment plan this next month with the returns to be filed.  Trying to make this simple, notice that the 9465 should be able to be filed with my 1040.  But here's the question--there are non-fillable sign and date fields toward the bottom of the form.  Will this be ignored if filing all electronically or will it get bounced and cause issues to be avoided?  Thanks!  jl

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I wouldnt bother to include the 9465 with the 1040, it just takes too long for the client to hear back this way.  Just have them make as large of a payment as they can at the time of filing, then have them make any payments they can afford to using IRS Direct Pay until they get their first bill.

Once they get the first bill, then they know the balance has posted to their account, then they can go online and create an IRS account (or they can call) and set up their own payment plan, its much quicker and keeps you out of the payment portion of the whole thing and they wont be calling you wondering when  the payments will start coming out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jblynch
Level 2

Lisa

Very interesting input-appreciate it.  This one is actually for me personally;  and, I just don't have that much experience with this-and-never personally.  Will consider.  Thanks!  jl

0 Cheers