Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preda-taxes
Level 2

I have completed the form and double checked with the IRS they should get the full 4502 credit.  However the form is not working.  Please advise.

2023 Subaru Crosstrek

purchased.

1st owner

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not enough info for anyone to help...what year/type of vehicle is it?  is this the original owner?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

I think when the question notes "1st owner," that means "original owner."  But maybe it was edited after you asked. Also, it's a 2023.  But what year was it purchased?  Is the date, VIN, etc. entered correctly?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What date was it purchased?    That model had to be purchased BEFORE Aug 17th 2022 to qualify in 2022.  You can check it here

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2022.shtml

0 Cheers
preda-taxes
Level 2

Yes.  I completed the form and its entirely. 

0 Cheers
preda-taxes
Level 2

purchase date 9/11/2022

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It doesnt qualify, thats why the program isnt allowing it, had to be purchased BEFORE Aug 17th to qualify.

preda-taxes
Level 2

I played with the dates to see if that was it.  I put in 1/11/2022... and the form is still not calculating. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont know what to tell you, doesn't a portion of the VIN contain a code that tells you when it was made?  The VIN may exclude it automatically.

Based on the info you provided, it doesnt qualify in 2022, so unless youre trying to commit fraud and force it in, Im not sure theres much more to do here, sorry.

abctax55
Level 15

The battery 'capacity' (KW ?) is a required entry (in case you haven't input that...)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
preda-taxes
Level 2

Client signed a contract on 6/8/22 with intent to buy for a 2023 Subaru crossover.

Car was delivered on 9/11.

Date acquired is 9/11 - right?

Date placed in service is 9/11 - right

However YES.. she signed a contract before 8/16.  

Per irs website, should qualify for credit.  I cant get the form to work.  Please advise.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@preda-taxes wrote:

Date placed in service is 9/11 - right

However YES.. she signed a contract before 8/16.  

Have you looked at the Instructions for line 3 (the "placed in service" date)?

preda-taxes
Level 2

Yes.  I completed the worksheet "vehicle placed in service ...."

Does a written binding contract to purchase the vehicle on or before 8/16 exist.. i checked, yes. 

0 Cheers