Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-F, no, not looking for the form

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

client comes in

• looking over 2020 return, saw the dreaded 1/3 issue
  • thought, I am not waiting on this
  • the 1099-R was already in the 2021 rolled over return
  • changed code 1 to 7
  • put in the second 1/3 in both gross and taxable
  • went to print.. strange error popped up, saying 8915-E, yes E not ready yet.
  • delete 8915-E
  • printed out fine
  • efiled return.
  • we'll see what happens but the income was picked up so i don't see an income variance letter coming

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive been doing the same, except I add the manually prepared 8915F as an attached PDF.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't want to wait for the ProSeries update for unemployment last year and manually made the changes.  Then the update came and mucked up those returns so I had to go back in and play cleanup.  In everyone's push to get returns out the door, how much muck are you going to create for yourselves since the spread is going to still be affecting returns for next year?  I sold my rubber boots after last tax season so I'm staying clear of muck for the rest of my tax preparer career.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im only doing it for returns with large refunds that shouldn't need to wait this long for one stupid form.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Without 8915F with the return you are running the risk of IRS seeing this as a brand new distribution and will still be looking for the other amount. But if it makes you feel any better if form 8915F is not ready as promised on March 24th then I am conteplating doing what you are doing and like I have said before let the chips fall where they may.

rcooley25
Level 11

How about code 2 early withdrawl excepton applies.

0 Cheers