Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8812 Question

EminC
Level 2

If the taxpayer did not receive 6419 but through bank account is shows they received ACTC, and for example that amount is 4800 for three children, should I input the 4800 for each spouse or split the 4800 in half for each spouse on a joint tax return 2400 each?

Thank You

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I would do half and half since that seems to be the way the letters have been coming out.

EminC
Level 2

I would think so too, but three weeks ago Proseries people told me to enter twice the same amount without splitting.

And today they told me to call IRS. Proseries should have that explanation because is a program question, like split total between spouses or something.

0 Cheers
singh
Level 7

I agree with jeffmcpa. Some of my clients did not receive the form 6419. Their bank account shows the ACTC deposited. Every letter I saw the total amount received by my clients the total amount is divided between the tax payer and the spouse. Also do not forget to input the number of children which will be the same for both spouses.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
"Proseries people told me"

You called phone support?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers