Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

83(b) election

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi community.

"The client wants to mail the 83(b) election to the IRS. If I am going to E-file his 2023 tax return in California, what would be the IRS address?"

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

What did you find out from your research?  If you tell us, someone may just validate it for you or point you in the right direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks @itonewbie May it was stupid question but for mailing paper I do know where the address of IRS would be but for E-filing I did not find the address.

As you know, 83(b) should mail the IRS's address which their tax return will go.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No one inferred it's a stupid question.  You were a teacher.  I'm sure you would have preferred (if not expected) your students to attempt to reason and answer their own questions beforehand.  That's the best way for someone to learn.

Furthermore, we volunteer here to share experience and learn from one another but that doesn't mean doing someone else's research.  I'm sure you understand.

Your client will just file with the same IRS office where a paper return would have gone.  §1.83-2(c) does not prescribe a different process for e-filers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
HOPE2
Level 8

@itonewbie I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude. Your consistently respectful and thoughtful response to my questions have not gone unnoticed. your support means a lot to me. 

itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @HOPE2.  Glad to be of help. 🙂

Still an AllStar
HOPE2
Level 8

@George4Tacks I really appreciated it! it was very helpful.