Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80% and nol

TiredFarmer
Level 7

Someone has me overthinking and pondering so I was wondering how some of you all are handling your NOL carryovers when you use them.  Do you override or do you change on the carryover worksheet and for your 80% of taxable income do you take from your Schedule C or F outcome or do you work from another worksheet in the tax return? And am I correct in thinking that prior to 18 carryforwards are still deductible at 100%?  Any thoughts or help appreciated and hope you all are having a good tax year.  Thanks.

Is anyone else having issues with old conversations showing more than new ones or am I doing something wrong?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
taxshack
Level 5

Proseries doesn't handle the 80%. You do have to manually calculate and override if your client is subject to it. And yes, the older NOL's follow the older rules.

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
taxshack
Level 5

Proseries doesn't handle the 80%. You do have to manually calculate and override if your client is subject to it. And yes, the older NOL's follow the older rules.

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.