Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 eSignature-Why did it cost me 2 signatures to send one envelope?

gammoncs
Level 3

In years past you only had to use one (1) of your eSignature licenses for all forms that were in an envelope.  I just send my first eSignature request for my Electronic Filing Authorization forms (Federal and State forms).  The taxpayer and the spouse have to sign both forms.  When I checked the dashboard it said that had used two (2) of my eSignature licenses for this one request.  Did this change from last year or have I missed something?  

Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
gammoncs
Level 3

I just noticed that mysteriously my number of purchased eSignature licenses increased from 50 to 51 which co-incidentally now shows that I have 49 available instead of 48.  So even though this change adjusted my license count to compensate for 2 eSignature licenses being used for a single eSignature envelope, has this problem been fixed or will 2 licenses be subtracted from my total when I use eSignatures for my next tax client?  I hope that someone will respond to assure me that the issue has been resolved.  Otherwise, I will just wait until my next client is ready to file their taxes and respond accordingly.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

The issue is not resolved.  I am waiting on a response from Intuit.

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

Ok, I just requested an eSignature for my 2nd client this year.  Again two (2) eSignature licenses were subtracted from my inventory for a single envelope.  I would love to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if I am just not doing something right.  Thanks.