Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 1040 Return - E-filing Error

jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi,

I am getting a "Server Busy" message (see attached) when I try to e-file a 2022 individual federal return. A few minutes after the "Server Busy" message pops up, I get another message from ProSeries saying "Return not transmitted" (see attached). with an e-file status of "Send Error" (see attached). How can I e-file the 1040 federal return?

Sever Busy.pngReturn Not Submitted.png

Send Error.png

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi Albert,

So it turns out the reason the return was not transmitted is because the pdf attachments on the return were too large. I reduced the pdf attachment size and was able to e-file the return.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Have you closed everything down and rebooted? Thes server busy is a MS error

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi,

Yes, I tried to e-file the return this morning but I get the same error messages. But I don't have a problem e-filing other 1040s, just this one.

0 Cheers
albert413
Level 1

I have the exact same problem which i posted to this discussion board about a week age. The state returns would go through but not the federal. I contacted Proseries and spent about an hour on the phone with no success.  They told me it was an anti virus problem.  I use webroot.  I call webroot and removed the software and the return still did not go through.  Also was told it may be a windows problem.  

still no fix.  

0 Cheers
jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi Albert,

Can you send the link to your post?

0 Cheers
jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi Albert,

So it turns out the reason the return was not transmitted is because the pdf attachments on the return were too large. I reduced the pdf attachment size and was able to e-file the return.

0 Cheers
ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

The same thing just happened to me, but in 2023.

I, too, am able to submit other files.

There are no pdfs attached to this tax return, so this "solution" is not a solution.

I am very upset with Intuit right now. I have to sit in a closet to do taxes, because the server is the only computer that runs the ProSeries software. We've called them multiple times, and they claim it's a network problem, and we need to get our IT person in here. Our IT person has come in twice, and the network runs everything else fine. Theirs is the only software that is not working. But they refuse to support their software. In the mean time, I have 250+ returns here that need to get filed between now and October. 

And now this.

I'm ready to switch to Drake.

0 Cheers