Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 ProSeries Basic Printing an Extra Page of Carryforward Worksheet

Brent-A
Level 2

Good day, all. I hope your tax season is going well.

When I print a tax return from 2021 ProSeries Basic, the Federal Carryover Worksheet will print the three pages and one additional page with only a line printed at the top. The rest of the page is blank. 

Any idea on how to eliminate this extra page? This was happening to me with 2020 ProSeries Basic and two different printers. HP LaserJet and Canon Imageclass. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
all the other forms and worksheets print out correctly? is it only one client or all clients? If it was only 1 printer, Id suggest to power off the printer and restart it, but since its both printers coming from the same computer? Id say make sure your Windows is updated and reboot the computer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Brent-A
Level 2

Lisa, thank you for your reply and recommendations. I rebooted my computer and printer. It is still printing a blank page with a line across the top following the Federal Carryover Worksheet page 3.

I reviewed other tax returns. It seems only to affect the Federal Carryover Worksheet. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2 prints with white space at the bottom, but it does capture the entire page. Page 3 will print with a line across the top. Aside from that, page 3 is printing fine. Then the blank page will print with the line.

Page 2 spills over to page 3 and cascades onward until the blank page prints. 

This printing issue has occurred last season and this season. I'm baffled. 

PATAX
Level 15

@Brent-A the exact same thing is happening with me and I thought I was the only one. Thanks for bringing that up. I don't think there's anything we can do. I just use that extra piece of paper for scrap paper. I Don't like to waste anything...

Brent-A
Level 2

I have noticed this blank page with the line on top occurs, even creating a PDF copy. I believe it has something to do with the software and not my hardware.

In addition to the Federal Carryover Worksheet, I have noticed similar printing issues with Schedule K-1 Worksheet – Estates and Trusts. It has the extra lines at the top of page 3, page 4 does not print at all, and page 5 is skewed. 

Foreign Tax Credit Computation Worksheet also has issues with the extra lines on top of page 3 and does not print page 4. 

However, it does not generate the blank page as Federal Carryover Worksheet does with these two forms. It seems it is the worksheets towards the end of the Federal return. 

0 Cheers
Brent-A
Level 2

I suppose I'm **bleep**-retentive and these little glitches bother me. I am saving my blank page as scratch paper as well.   

roniswindell
Level 3

I have just finished a 45min session with Pro Series technical support regarding this problem.  It is annoying to have to waste paper and remember to remove that blank page 3 with the line across the top from the Carryover Schedule on every printed 1040.  I don't want to be doing that for 2022 returns.  They see that there are questions about the problem, but no solution.  Some programmer put that there, and needs to be encouraged to fix it.

0 Cheers