Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Michigan 1040 says Form up to date, e-file on 1/24/2022, but will not print since 'not up to date'

bbmark
Level 1

Trying to do mostly Michigan returns in addition to Federal of course, but Michigan 1040 STILL will not print, on 1/29, when original message was that form would be updated until 1/24.

Yes, have updated ProSeries software several times, and still same issue.

Will not print PDF nor to printer, since it is 'not up to date'.

Call customer support, and it takes me deep into the issues menu, just to dump me on offices closed, check website for support hours.

Maddening.

5 Comments 5
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Encountering same issue with a DC return.

0 Cheers
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

I can understand why, if a form is no yet finalized for e-filing purposes, why Intuit would not allow you to e-file the returns.  But why is it preventing me from printing a hard copy of the return via PDF?  I can send the finished package to my client, have them review the returns, PAY ME, and then e-file the returns when the updates have been installed -- why is Intuit making this difficult?

0 Cheers
bbmark
Level 1

Poof!

Suddenly yesterday it works fine, no update or anything!

0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

You are fortunate.  Many states are still "out in the cold" and Intuit has no honest answers other than to wait for future updates.  They need to work in a tax office where the "impose their will" for one season.

0 Cheers
mg1
Level 1

I'm dealing with the exact same Michigan Forms problem.

Update: I've contacted Proseries and their solution was to link me to this thread. 

0 Cheers