Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 indicated a previous year would open with a different color. This would help so much. But, it's not working. Where is the option to choose to use that feature?

parkspowell
Level 2
I have looked under options, but cannot find it.
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Which year are you referring to?  I downloaded 2021 and the 2020 now has puce  or some other background color when I open it.

Slava Ukraini!
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I don't have a different color either, but I haven't looked in 2021 options to see if I need to check a box. For me same color for all years is fine

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I tend to look at my paper file rather  than the prior year program so I have never had an issue with getting the programs confused.  For the new preparers out there, paper is a substance that allows you to see the printed word without the aid of an electronic device.  I am still proud of my membership in the Luddite Society.

Slava Ukraini!
parkspowell
Level 2

That is what I wanted.  But, I have 2020 and 2021 open, but they are both the same color.  No difference between the two.  I know there must be a box to check, or a flag, but I can't find it.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Look here to see it:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-proseries-update-for...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Open 2020 program    Tools>Options>General   under Field Navigation  check box for Show Previous Tax Year Color