Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Form 8812 - why is it populating for taxpayers with no dependants?

josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I just made sure my Proseries Pro is up to date.  All my transferred clients with NO dependents have form 8812 - credits for qualifying children and other dependents" auto populating and aksing for the amount of advance child tax credits received. Is this correct?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

They could have had a child born during the year.  They could have a child they claim every second or third year.  In either case, they could have applied for advance payments.  Very few things in life are worth getting upset about.  This is not one of them.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
BobKamman
Level 15

They could have had a child born during the year.  They could have a child they claim every second or third year.  In either case, they could have applied for advance payments.  Very few things in life are worth getting upset about.  This is not one of them.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yep, a couple extra keystrokes for us this year....plug in those zeros.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

This makes sense.  That didn't occur to me since I was mainly looking at my older retired clients.  After taking your post into consideration, it is most likely a good thing that proseries is asking for all clients as another check to make sure new kids, etc. are accounted for.

BobKamman
Level 15

Reminds me of a client who brought his grandkids to the office while I tried to work on his return.  I asked him not to come back because their location was often not accounted for.