Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 factor authenication

Don H
Level 2

I am angry, because I feel I have been suckered by Intuit.

I went with 2 factor authentication for one primary reason:  The promise of a 12 hour timeout, as opposed to the 30 minute.

That 30 minute timeout is the most irritating trigger point in my life.

Give us what you promised.

11 Comments 11
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Actually, they just said the IRS was changing the requirement to 12 hours.  They didn't actually say they were changing the software to 12 hours.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/upgraded-login-securit...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Where did you see that 12 hour promise?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Don H
Level 2

So Intuit suckered me by implying they would go along with the IRS change.

If I hadn't been with Intuit and its predecessor since 1992, I would leave you guys.

Don H
Level 2

See my above comment

sjrcpa
Level 15

We guys are peer users of Intuit software. Intuit representatives rarely come here.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

The people posting responses here are the original Intuit suckers ---------- you are just late to the party.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Don H 

The change to the 12 hour timeout is currently scheduled for a future release in TY21.

We wanted to make customers aware of 2 factor authentication and provide the opportunity to opt in prior to this change being released.

PATAX
Level 15

Whether it is 30 minutes or 12 hours, it is all a bunch of nonsense! Many of us have a one person office. Do they really think someone is going to come in to our office to log on to Pro Series? What a bunch of crap! Take a look at my avatar, if someone gets into my office, do you think they are going to get out? I'm not worried. Just my opinion.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitAngela_13 wrote:

We wanted to make customers aware of 2 factor authentication and provide the opportunity to opt in prior to this change being released.

Huh?  Why on earth would you intentionally do that?  You wanted people to opt-in to something that does doesn't exist yet and/or does not work properly?  Are you serious, that was intentional???

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds a little like “unexpected behavior that will be corrected in a future update” 😁

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

We currently have a survey in regards to 2FA, if you have a moment we'd appreciate your participation. Thank you! 

0 Cheers