Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120s M-1 differenc

dkutej
Level 2

I had to adjust the inventory in QB.  Because of that adjustment, the M-1 is off by that exact amount.  It's because my book COGs is different than the 1120s COGs.  Is there a place where I need to state that adjustment in Proseries.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Are you not using the same inventory amount on the 1120S as you have in QBs?   Why wouldn't an inventory adjust to COGS in QB be reflected in the numbers used on the tax return?    Did you change your Schedule M1 - Net income per books after you made this adjustment?

0 Cheers
dkutej
Level 2

Thanks for your response! Yes the inventory is the same in QB as it is on the 1120s.  The purchases are the same and the net income are the same.  Its definitely in the COGs area.  COGs in QB is 198,793.96 and COGs on 1120s is 202,616, the exact amount I entered in QB to adjust the inventory. I dated the adjustment 12-31-21 and I credited Inventory and debited Purchases $4121.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Purchases in the 1120S needs to be total without QB inventory adjustment because return calculates COGS  from the beginning less ending inventory plus purchases, labor, etc.  

0 Cheers
dkutej
Level 2

I knew I had to be doing something wrong!!!   Thanks so much!!

dkutej
Level 2

Now my Schedule L is off that amount ugh.

0 Cheers