Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120 Corp received 1099 Div and 1099 B

Jane918
Level 3

A corp client (1120) received a 1099 div.  I'm not seeing where to enter that on the 1120, or does that go to their personal 1040, even though it's made out to the corporation?

I see where I can enter the 1099-B on Schedule D of their 1120, although I'm getting an error on "Date Sold"...it's not liking the year 2019.  "Date sold is not in the current tax year" is the error message.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, you don't put in on their personal return.  Corporations are taxed at a flat rate so all of those breakdowns on the 1099 don't really mean much of anything.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try the top of page 2 for the dividends.

Slava Ukraini!
Jane918
Level 3

Ok, I'm seeing that...thank you!  This 1099-div has entries on Lines 1a, 1b, 2a, and 7.  I'm not seeing exactly where to enter these amounts on Page 2.  I'm wondering if I should put this on their personal return?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, you don't put in on their personal return.  Corporations are taxed at a flat rate so all of those breakdowns on the 1099 don't really mean much of anything.

Slava Ukraini!
Jane918
Level 3

Ok, I'm seeing that on Schedule C, Line 23 for total dividends.  Looks like I should enter Total Ordinary Dividends in "Other Dividends", and then it carries to the top of Page 1.

0 Cheers