Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-R info not transferring from TY 2020

mappp
Level 4

In the past the FEIN, name, and address from the prior year 1099-R was transferred into the current tax return.  For TY 2021 all the prior 1099-R info appears to be missing.  Is there a setting I'm missing?  Anyone else having this problem?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
go back to the 2020 return and make sure neither Total Distribution, or Dont Transfer to next year boxes didnt get marked by accident.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mappp
Level 4

No, neither of these boxes are checked.  Everything appears normal.  1099-R's are just not listed.  Causes LOTS of extra typing.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you transfer your clients into 2021 before January? Sometimes early transfers just dont work right.

I noticed this happen on one return that I transferred in back when the 2021 program was first released...I dont transfer clients in until late January, just to make sure the transfer bugs have been worked out.

mappp
Level 4

No, I transferred one client (me) today 1/23/2022.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
weird, not sure what to tell you, sorry.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Maybe Intuit thinks you need to change preparer!!  lol  jk

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
TAXOH
Level 11
I transferred one today and the 1099R transferred fine.