Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-R Covid Distribution

jckerr11
Level 2

The 2020 Covid Distribution is not transferring over to 2021--- 1/3 should be taxable in 2021

Where/How do we enter it?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

When is the more proper question. I believe that others have reported that the form 8915-F is expected mid to late March.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS hasnt finalized the form thats needed (8915F), so its not included in the software yet. 

Tentative date is set for 3/17, we're all hoping that date gets moved to a sooner one!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

IRS hasnt finalized the form thats needed (8915F), so its not included in the software yet. 

No, it is not in the software yet because the Intuit developers are clueless.  The draft version has been available for over 4 months.

Because the IRS has not finalized the form, the software won't be able to file the form yet.  But there is no reason why a draft version can't be in the software to do the carryover and the calculations.

TAXOH
Level 11

I agree with @TaxGuyBill 

There is no reason why the draft version is not in the software that at least will capture the carryover numbers.

As of right now I won't even transfer over and start any of my clients that will need the 8915F.

0 Cheers