Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B Worksheet Brokerage Statement Summary Table

ScowlyOwl
Level 2

As of yesterday, 2/21/22, on the 1099-B worksheet, the Brokerage Statement (Form 1099-B or substitute) Summary Table and From 8949 and Schedule D Totals table are not populating with information entered on Form 8949 Reporting Exception Transactions smart worksheet.  Any one else having this trouble?  What am I missing?

10 Comments 10

Not sure what you are missing but if I am understanding what you are saying, it is working fine.  Can you be more specific what you are doing and what you want done?

0 Cheers
Ali
Level 3

On the "Form 1099-B Worksheet" I use that top section titled "Form 8949 Reporting Exception Transactions."  Prior to yesterday, the amounts entered there along with the amounts entered from the "Quick Entry Table," would be summarized in the table at the bottom of page one titled, "Brokerage Statement (Form 1099-B or substitute) Summary Table."  This was helpful in reconciling a broker form 1099 totals to what's been entered.  But it's not populating.  I did "Refresh Updates for Installed Products" and that didn't correct this. Is this enough of an explanation?  Thanks so much for you help.

Ali
Level 3

I'm same person as ScowlyOwl, by the way.  Sorry about the two different handles.

0 Cheers

Do you have several brokerage statements?

If it is not working for you, then don't bypass the Forms 8949, even if you meet an exception.  The recap will still work the way you want if you put each brokerage on a separate 1099-B worksheet.

Ali
Level 3

I thought of that. I just wish I understood what happened with our program.  

Thanks for the help and the idea!

0 Cheers
WENDOVER5
Level 2

I am having this exact same issue!  The summary table is not including the amounts entered in the "Form 8949 Reporing Exception Transactions."  I hope there is a resolution coming soon!

0 Cheers
Emmabob
Level 2

I called a couple of weeks ago and the person above the individual on the help line call said it was working the way it was supposed to then kicked us off of the call.  The tables are useless now.  I can't tie back to the 1099-Bs in full and there is no easy way to verify the accuracy.   The way it worked in 2020 return was very helpful.  This is again, useless.  So when I have a client with 10 1099B's how on earth am I supposed to verify entries?  No cap gain/loss shows next to entry lines even

0 Cheers

I get it that things don't work the way they used to and it is frustrating.  The mortgage interest deduction worksheet worked perfectly through 2019 and then in 2020 and now in 2021 it is useless.  I have repeatedly complained but realistically, it is so low on the totem pole that Intuit has bigger issues to deal with.

I would imagine this is the same.  But look, if I am understanding your problem, it is simple to work around it.  Yes, I get it that for $7000 you shouldn't have to work around it.  But just do this.  Enter the name of the brokerage on the 1099-B worksheet.  Then enter the totals in the Quick table Box (A,B,C, etc).  The table will populate just fine for this broker.

Then open another 1099-B worksheet with a different name.  Rinse and repeat as often as necessary.  You will get your totals by broker, with the grand total showing up on the Schedule D.  If you get caught up with the dates, use 12/31/21 as the sale date and Various as the purchase date.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

Holy cow it's magic!  It's working now!!

0 Cheers
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

I noticed that on Thursday this week.  Yay!  Now that the busiest part of the season is nearing an end ProSeries comes through.  

0 Cheers