Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095A Shared Policy Allocation

How to report Shared Policy allocation information smart worksheet for two? It allows for one only.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The list of names doesnt appear on the 8962 anywhere so it really doesnt matter if you have all the names listed or not. I just leave whatever flows over from the fed info worksheet.

" Should "SSN of taxpayer sharing allocation" be the SSN of tax payer?"
YES with 100%

The kids returns will have their SSN and 0% allocation. You may have to attach the 8962 as a pdf to the kids returns, I know earlier in the season it wasnt recognizing the 8962 with 0% allocation and the return would reject, not sure if thats been fixed or not.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
at the bottom of the 1095A worksheet, you input the % youre allocating on that particular return.

Thanks for quick response. Tax payer, his spouse and two childrens were covered in the policy but those two childrens are filling separately. Tax payer wants to take 100% in his return.

1. Should all 4 names be included in part II A as per 1095A though no dependent shown in the return OR only taxpayer and his spouse be included.

2. Should "SSN of taxpayer sharing allocation" be the SSN of tax payer?

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The list of names doesnt appear on the 8962 anywhere so it really doesnt matter if you have all the names listed or not. I just leave whatever flows over from the fed info worksheet.

" Should "SSN of taxpayer sharing allocation" be the SSN of tax payer?"
YES with 100%

The kids returns will have their SSN and 0% allocation. You may have to attach the 8962 as a pdf to the kids returns, I know earlier in the season it wasnt recognizing the 8962 with 0% allocation and the return would reject, not sure if thats been fixed or not.

You are the best. Thanks a lot for the help.