Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 



Client is a dual resident of the US and Canada. Resides in Canada. He is a truck driver who crosses the border weekly. Did a few jobs for a US company and he was issued a 1042-S using his US social security # but in the name of his Canadian company :\. What should the general approach be? Thank you. 

0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 11

What is his citizenship?

What do you mean by "his Canadian company"?  Is he incorporated, or is he just using a trade name?

I wonder what he put on the W-9 he sent to the US employer.  


Canadian citizen. He's lived in Canada for close to 15 years. He also has US residency (green card).  His company is incorporated in Canada. 

0 Cheers