Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040X Direct Deposit

ASCPA
Level 2

When can I expect Proseries to add a direct deposit option to form 1040X?

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
George4Tacks
Level 15

IRS does not allow direct deposit on 1040X

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
ASCPA
Level 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably take a year or two to get that implemented in Proseries....or maybe they'll surprise us and the new 1040X once its ready later this month, will have the option, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ASCPA
Level 2

Is there a way to request they should do it, or at least ask them when they are planning on implementing it? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not really, you can add it here in the Idea Exchange, but things can take years to get voted up enough for them to look at it.
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

We wont get anyone that will be able to give us a date for this.  Its going to take a federal information worksheet revamp to accommodate it, so Id think next year at the earliest.

ASCPA
Level 2

I see they did add direct withdrawal 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Direct debit for amended returns was available the past few years.

ASCPA
Level 2

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. 

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Of course that would get done...

ASCPA
Level 2

What makes you so confident that it will get done? 🙂

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

4/15/2024: any update on this.?  It appears 1040x software has place for direct deposit but I am having difficulty finding where to check a box on info sheets to get that info transferred to 1040 x?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The few Ive done, the direct deposit lines 31 and 32 got checked automatically on the 1040X when I had it set for the 1040 to direct deposit.

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

so in amended file

info sheet i have the direct deposit info listed and checked the box for dd but it still is not flowing to the 1040 x?   I am going to assume its something behind the scenes?  when i do a pdf it still is not showing on revised page 2 of 1040. it  s till has xxs 

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

after length phone call with tech support. I was told that pro series does not support dd for amended return yet.  I questioned why the lines were in the input sheets and no answer was known. I asked when they expected it to be available as the irs has allowed since jan 2023 and again  no known answer.  so just passing this along.