Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Update: 5:00 pm PST 2-25.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just received and installed a 1040 update, I looked at several forms I was waiting for, and a couple of others including the ****-F. 

Nothing changed on any of them so I have no idea what it did, but it didn't help (at least on mine)6252,1116,8379,8853 or 8839.

Just wait another week and keep on trucking on the rest of the pile not needing any of these.

11 Comments 11
SeanS
Level 3

Very Disappointing

Over 35 returns and adding to the total every day that need 8915F

March 31 will create a loss of clients and many sleepless nights in April

Sean

Connellsville PA

EDDIE
Level 4

We have to wait on the 8915-F for clients who took early Coronavirus distribution. Said could be end of March ? 

0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4

I have 24 I see no reason to even use this form. All it’s gonna do is move the 2nd distribution to the IRA pension line 

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I'm starting a betting pool whether you believe it will be March 31st, or possibly earlier, or even later.  We now have sports betting in Maryland so I'll update you all with the odds.

Gramps 1001
Level 2

But on the up side.  They did get 3800 and 8582-CR finalized.  I had quite a few farm returns that needed those forms before the March 1st deadline.

rcooley25
Level 11

I have been very fortunate and my clients up to this point have been very understanding on this point. However should intuit screw us up and 8915F is not ready on March 31st that could be an altogether different matter.

rcooley25
Level 11

If I was a betting man I would be tempted to vote on it being later. But I would be happy to loose the bet and have it be earlier.

Boiler57
Level 1

I have several farm returns where there was a coronavirus distribution in 2020 and the 1/3 election was chosen. We are now filing estimate payments as the 2210-F option is expiring before ProSeries can get an 8915-F available.  Thankfully clients to date are relatively understanding about the incompetence of Intuit. I get the standard reply question.....You going to change to something better???    

rcooley25
Level 11

I understand where you are coming from because I am getting the same response. If intuit was not so darn expensive I would switch software in midstream. But with what we have paid for this program I dont  care to buy another system at this time, But that is for this  year. Next year is another story. It is a dirty shame because Intuit did at one time have the reputation of being one of the finest software outfits in the country. But boy they have sure dropped the ball big time on this one. Any of you pro intuit peop[le who are reading this tell Intuit to be prepared for a big loss of business next year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m not pro-Intuit - I hate the company like everybody else does.  But I also have been visiting here for a lot of years.  Every year people post that they will never buy the software again - but then I see them posting the same threat the following year.  Everybody threatens to leave but very few do actually pull the pin.  So I’m guessing Intuit isn’t trembling in their boots quite yet.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Before I make my threat final I want to get thru this tax season and then chat with some of our fellow tax preparers and the other programs available. For instance Drake has 8915F in their system already, But before I would change to Drake I would like to chat with those currently using it to make sure they are not having other problems that we dont know yet. As mad as I am right now about Intuit and form 8915F I dont want to get rid of one problem and replace it with another problem.