Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tthe action cannot be completed because the program is busy. choose switch to or retry. Happening on client and server 2018 Proseies all the time.

steven-archbold
Level 1

Originally happened on client so we built a powerful PC not weak on specs still does it. Now server says things our busy with Proseries. I have disabled my Symantec antivirus which always worked. Midsummer Proseries had issues. no changes were made .

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"so we built a powerful PC not weak on specs"

But you are dealing with an Intuit product.  There hasn't been a computer built to date that can conquer Intuit programming in a cage match. 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I get that message now and again, no idea why.  I usually close it and restart and everything is back to normal.  
Are you using the Task Manager in PS to automatically retrieve updates or anything like that, that may be working in the background causing it to be busy?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

"so we built a powerful PC not weak on specs"

But you are dealing with an Intuit product.  There hasn't been a computer built to date that can conquer Intuit programming in a cage match. 

Slava Ukraini!
Archbold_Law
Level 1

hasnt quit error still existst 75% of the time. Mostly one client. Uninstall our AV service from the server and all clients still exitsts. WTF tech tried some things but no help yet now its tax season

0 Cheers
Archbold_Law
Level 1

Its not solved. I didnt say it was fixed. Still get it sporadically after reinstalling and and also uninstalling a repairing .net frame work from the computers. I have 15 hours of labor into computers. N o Solution. Intuit has helped but error still occurs so i cant get paid for fixing it.

0 Cheers
Jeffkaczcpa
Level 1

Constantly get this message "server busy" on 2 out of our 4 PC;s in the office.  Other PC's>>no issues.  What is the problem?  i have called repeatedly and I get a bandaid fix.  I have cleared my cache.  I have updated and updated the program.  i am NOT rebooting every time i want to use the program.  Next time i try to sign on, WHAM!  it is May 14th and i don't have time for this crap.  Please come up with a solution. or i'm changing products.  this is BS!

tlctaxsolutions
Level 2

Has there been a fix for this issue? I see a bunch of reply but no one seems to have a fix for it. I don't think shutting down a computer and restarting every time I need to efile a client is a fix for the problem. I have been using intuit for 10 years now and this is the first time I have received this error. Very frustrating!!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@tlctaxsolutions wrote:

Has there been a fix for this issue? I see a bunch of reply but no one seems to have a fix for it.

Look at this article, and pay particular attention to the two blue links about anti-virus (which is probably the most common cause of the problem if it is doing it all of the time).

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/server-busy-this-action-cannot-be-completed-...