Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a 1099-B does info need to be entered if it says basis "is reportrd" to IRS, or "is not reported"?

ce-jonese
Level 2

On a 1099-B does info need to be entered in the tax return, if it says basis "is reportrd" to IRS, or "is not reported"? Please, How to handle?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ce-jonese
Level 2

Hi Lisa!  Thank You!  You said every 1099-B needs to be entered?  If the basis IS or IS NOT reported to IRS.  I appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

All transactions need to be reported.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ce-jonese
Level 2

Hi Lisa!  Thank You!  You said every 1099-B needs to be entered?  If the basis IS or IS NOT reported to IRS.  I appreciate your help!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

All transactions need to be reported on the clients tax return, whether the basis has been reported to IRS or not.

ce-jonese
Level 2

THANK YOU!!!

Mohamed
Level 3

Yes, you need to enter all of them and report them the same way it listed on 1099-B, if it was reported, check yes and yes ( reported on 1099-B and reported to IRS) , if basis was not reported, then check yes and no ( yes for reported on 1099-B and no for reported to IRS), also remember you have to report short and long term separately. 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

been entering totals for  years. never had a single one turn into a problem

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio wrote:

been entering totals for  years. never had a single one turn into a problem

Oh I agree, I only enter summaries for each type of transaction, ST, LT, covered or non covered.....but all of them, even the ones that basis is reported to IRS need to be included.