Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, I know 01.27.2020 but

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

for business returns someone posted a few days ago that business returns can be efiled now. on top of 1120S though in program a yellow banner says efile ready on 01.21.2020.  Did the business efile window get pushed back to 01.21.2020?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If its still got a yellow bar, its not ready to file, whether the EFile season is open or not.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If its still got a yellow bar, its not ready to file, whether the EFile season is open or not.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Thank you.. I clicked on Accept as Solution even though I am reluctantly accepting it.  

I have about 40 business returns ready to go.. By doing the books monthly, when January comes along all I have to do is process December, some  year end entries and it is ready to go.   

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Heres the release dates so you can see when the programs themselves are finalized...there have been forms in other years that had a yellow bar that shouldnt have been there and you could click the X in the corner of the bar and still file it, but its still pretty early for that for 2019 forms.  Business Efiling opening so early I thought was more for people that need to file business returns that have fiscal years and use the 2018 forms

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

interesting.. i x'd out the yellow box... tried to efile one and came back not ready to efile. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The IRS opened e-file for Businesses on January 7th.

E-file for Individual returns doesn't start until January 27th.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/modernized-e-file-mef-status

As for when Intuit has the actual forms ready to file, that varies.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

2017 and 2018 business returns can be filed as of now.  Anything for 2019 including 2019 business files will not be eligible until 1/27/20.  this is for 990's or fiscal corps filing on previous year software.  Therein is where your confusion come forth from.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"even though I am reluctantly accepting it."

Because she's right, but you didn't like the answer?

"By doing the books monthly, when January comes along all I have to do is process December, some year end entries and it is ready to go."

The data might be ready, but you know the Government is still working out details. Do you subscribe to their e-newsletters that would tell you it has nothing to do with your data, or even with Intuit's forms, but the food chain from Congress, on down to you? The Government makes great info available.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/e-news-subscriptions

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.