Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8949

Carol55
Level 1

How do I access columns F and G on Form 8949?  I cannot find an input form.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The K-1 additional information page says to report partial sales on Sch D, so I guess you cant do it on the K-1 worksheet

columngschd.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Right mouse click on those fields and see where the data is sourced from...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You make entries on Sch D, not directly on the 8949.   What is it you're trying to accomplish?

0 Cheers
Carol55
Level 1

I am trying to enter a partial sale of MLP PTP shares.  The partnership sales schedule tells me to enter a figure for gain subject to recapture as ordinary income in column G. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Column G will display the difference between the Cost basis and the Corrected Basis when entered on Sch D.   

But I thought you could make the entries right on Page 2 (additional information) of the K-1 worksheet, but I went in and fiddled around with putting figures in boxes and I cant get anything to flow to Column G

columng.pngcorrectedbasis.png

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The K-1 additional information page says to report partial sales on Sch D, so I guess you cant do it on the K-1 worksheet

columngschd.png

0 Cheers