Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlled Launch for ProSeries e-File

IntuitDebH

On January 16, ProSeries will be initiating controlled launch for Tax Year 2023.  During controlled launch, we will be stockpiling returns, and periodically sending them to the IRS/agencies.

Things to be aware of with controlled launch:

• The IRS is not technically open yet, they are allowing returns to come into the system to test the performance.
  • Acknowledgements will not be received in the normal turn-around time since the returns are sent in batches throughout the day, and do not process through on the weekends.  Normal turn-around times will align with IRS go-live of 1/29.
  • Refunds will not get funded any earlier, the funding cycles will start in alignment with the IRS go-live date of 1/29.
  • The yellow bar in the return will indicate EF ready on 1/29.  This will not prohibit you from filing.
  • There will be some non-final forms during controlled launch, these will not be file-able.
  • States not participating in controlled launch will be stockpiled at Intuit until they are EF live.  The states not participating include AL, CO, IL, LA, ME, MT, OK, WV.
  • Returns with states that are must-link states should be filed together.  If they aren't filed with the Federal return, they may need to be paper filed.  

ALERT - This is an opportunity for our Pay by Refund Cash Advance customers to file those returns early.  As soon as the IRS accepts those returns, the advance can be processed.

Helpful resources:

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Landry-Michael
Level 3

This does not include 8867 or Schedule C correct?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully the rocket clears the launch tower and it makes it back to earth safely 😰

Slava Ukraini!
Wanda-Sue
Level 3

I've tried to send 2 returns through. They both came back rejected because of the error in the header about the dates.

0 Cheers
Landry-Michael
Level 3

Update the program and try again. I was able to submit this am after the updated 

0 Cheers
Wrlee
Level 2

How can you have a control launch when there has not even been an update to Proseries Basic which shows the bottom half of the screen on the information page?  I have not been able to complete any tax returns for young people who are still being claimed by their parents because that part of the screen is blank.  Also cannot complete a tax return with a savers credit because, once again, that part of the screen is blank

Andre H
Level 1

Most of the forms on Proseries wasn't  final for the controlled launch. This has been a big issue over the years. I am very  disappointed that my team miss out every year.

0 Cheers