Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't have the necessary permissions to add or edit a client.

lihe0402
Level 3

"You don't have the necessary permissions to add or edit a client. If you feel this is incorrect, reach out to your Primary Admin for full access."

I'm the only user and primary admin. I've added dozens of clients before. When I go to settings and it shows "unable to fetch role". Come on Intuit?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BCtax
Level 1

** Update **

I was able to have my issue resolved by calling Proconnect support. It was an issue that they had to fix on their end, nothing you can fix yourself.

It seemed like the issue was that I could not edit my users/roles within the proconnect login and could only look at it through my Intuit account. They made changes on the back end so that I had additional user options within my proconnect settings, after this I was able to set the appropriate roles for my user.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, no one here will be able to help you since this community is supported by your peers (although there are a few Intuit moderators who pop in every so often).

If you are sure you have logged in using your administrator account, you will need to contact Intuit Support to have this sorted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
lihe0402
Level 3

Thank you so much for your reply.

I tried the online support tool and it directed me to post it here. We'll see if anyone pops up to help.

Thanks again.

itonewbie
Level 15

What they told you is ridiculous!  No one here has access to your account.

Intuit Support needs to look into why you, as the account admin, don't have admin rights.  You are not the only person who ran into this problem this year.

Suggest you go back and insist on escalating to the next level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IntuitGabi

@lihe0402 Was this resolved? If not I can look into this. Thanks! 

Jesusa2024
Level 1

"You don't have the necessary permissions to add or edit a client. If you feel this is incorrect, reach out to your Primary Admin for full access." So here is my problem I am the admin and the only user to this software. Why would this happen? and when I go to setting to edit user this is the new error it gives me...

Roles

Failed to fetch roles, please try again. I really, I need to get starting with the tax returns that I have lined up since I have decided to start my own business. Can anybody answer this question, please?

0 Cheers
BCtax
Level 1

Any chance you had a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and was doing some research before I called them today...this support thread is not giving me hope that my phone call will be productive.

0 Cheers
BCtax
Level 1

** Update **

I was able to have my issue resolved by calling Proconnect support. It was an issue that they had to fix on their end, nothing you can fix yourself.

It seemed like the issue was that I could not edit my users/roles within the proconnect login and could only look at it through my Intuit account. They made changes on the back end so that I had additional user options within my proconnect settings, after this I was able to set the appropriate roles for my user.

0 Cheers