Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHy do I keep getting this error message?

liebscher4cpa
Level 1

How can I clear this error?  The taxpayer is getting a refund.  The pay via automatic draft is not checked.

Some savings, money market and controlled spending accounts are not eligible for automatic drafts. Please confirm with your bank or credit union if the account you've selected can be automatically drafted. If your payment is returned from your bank unpaid, you will be subject to a "Penalty for Bad Electronic Funds Transfer." The penalty is 10% of the payment (minimum $1.00; maximum $1,000.00). NC - Ref #59509

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

I don't use ProConnect but........ that message is regarding paying a balance due.   Is there an amount erroneously entered to make a payment with the return ?

0 Cheers
liebscher4cpa
Level 1

ALthough there is a balance due on the Federal, I have not chosen to have the balance paid with the return.  Rather, the taxpayer prefers to send in a check.

There is a refund on the state return, and the taxpayer wants a direct deposit.

0 Cheers
liebscher4cpa
Level 1

Also, on the FinTrans Summary, the state refund and bank information are correct for the state direct deposit.

And...even if I take off the direct deposit information, that error message is still showing up.

0 Cheers