Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there limitations on selecting titles for officers on 990 returns? Several of my clients have board members with more than one title.

belgin858
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Because it's easier to program, I suppose.  If they program it to allow multiple boxes to be checked, they'd need to build the logic to reduce the font size and create statements to list the titles that don't fit.  You could raise this with Intuit but doubt it'd rank very high for future development.

You may want to select the title that best fits their core duties, the more critical role, etc.  If you must, attach a statement to supplement the details reported in Part VII.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Because it's easier to program, I suppose.  If they program it to allow multiple boxes to be checked, they'd need to build the logic to reduce the font size and create statements to list the titles that don't fit.  You could raise this with Intuit but doubt it'd rank very high for future development.

You may want to select the title that best fits their core duties, the more critical role, etc.  If you must, attach a statement to supplement the details reported in Part VII.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Pick a title, any title.  The IRS doesn't really care if someone if someone has 15 titles.  They are more interested in what they are being paid than how many titles they have.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers