Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are 8949 short term totals on line 3 box c instead of line 2 box b and long term totals on line 10 box f instead of line 9 box e

Crisgps
Level 2

Sch D is putting my 8949 Short Term totals on line 3 Box C instead of line 2 Box B. And Long Term totals on line 10 box F Instead of line 9 Box E . In the Details "Adjustment to basis if reported incorrectly on form 1099-B box 1e" I have entered the adjustment amount. Any ideas how to get my totals on the correct line on Sch D?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Looks like you have overridden the 1099-B reporting for each of those transactions.  Under Income > Schedule D/4797/etc. > Schedule D > Reported on: blank=Form 1099-B with basis reported to IRS, 1=Form 1099-B but basis not reported to IRS, 2=form other than Form 1099-B (Form 8949), make sure you have entered 1 for each of those transactions rather than 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Looks like you have overridden the 1099-B reporting for each of those transactions.  Under Income > Schedule D/4797/etc. > Schedule D > Reported on: blank=Form 1099-B with basis reported to IRS, 1=Form 1099-B but basis not reported to IRS, 2=form other than Form 1099-B (Form 8949), make sure you have entered 1 for each of those transactions rather than 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Crisgps
Level 2
Thank you so much.  Perfect!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
NP. Glad to help you get another return out the door.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers