Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a critical diagnostics error when I check the elect to use 2019 earned income box. Do I need to attach a schedule?

Jonsee
Level 1
This is the critical error:  If Form 1040, Earned Income Credit has a non-zero value, then one of the following must be true: (1) Household Employment Wages must be greater then zero, or (2) there is an amount on the Form 1040, Schedule 1, other income line, or (3) Schedule E, has income from a partnership, or (4) the FEC Record is present with foreign income present on the wages schedule, or (5) one of the following forms is present in the return: Form W-2, Form 1099-R, Schedule C, Schedule F, Form 8919, or Form 4137.
 View on Input Screen when I go to the screen I don't see what the error is saying.
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you reviewed the 5 items listed? 

It may just be a bug in the program, but you need to determine if the computations are correct before you sign a return. 

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/earned-income-and-earned...

You can contact support tomorrow. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers