Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to download proconnect for andirod

tlemmiksoo
Level 1

where does one find the download for Proconnect in the Google App store

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

There is no app for PTO.  Yes, it's accessible using a mobile browser but you'd be pushing a bit too far to try to prepare returns on a mobile phone (ok, maybe it's not such a stretch with a full-size tablet, at least theoretically).

Officially, Android is not supported.  Oh, and the rendering on mobile devices is less than ideal, which means you may not be able to access certain input or features (from my personal experience experimenting with it).

You should plan on using PTO with recommended hardware and browsers.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/system-requirements-for-proconnect-tax-on...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
tlemmiksoo
Level 1

Not a good answer as I need to to be able to upload my paper documents and to be able to do it using my cell phone.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I suppose Intuit, just like other major professional tax software developers, is spending their resources on developing tax programs and other features that tax professionals need in a conventional setting.  There is not an app for PTO because it would be unusual for tax professionals to prepare returns and manage their portals over a mobile device.

As mentioned previously, PTO can be used on a mobile device but it is not recommended as the rendering may not work as designed and certain features may not be accessible.  So, it is your decision whether to use it on a mobile device but YMMV.

You will see that Link for taxpayer has no app either.  But that is because Intuit has improved Link for taxpayers as a responsive and mobile-friendly website over the years, so that it functions the same way on both mobile devices and computers.  The app they had a few years ago was retired as a result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers