Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to claim employee's job related expenses on form 1040?

on edge
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
TAXOH
Level 11
Level 11

No where.  It is no longer deductible on the federal

abctax55
Level 15

Beth... jinx 😀

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
abctax55
Level 15

For 2020?

Ummm, nowhere?  At least for Federal...

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you need to word that a little softer if someone is already on edge.  We don't want to push them off the edge 😟

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
abctax55
Level 15

"...We don't want to push them off the edge "

I think that might be up for debate, depending.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Deductions > Vehicle/Emp. Bus. Expense (2106) 

Be sure to select the appropriate Artist, Handicapped or fee-basis govt official to get it to go somewhere on the Federal. Regardless it will go to your state return, if it is allowed on that state. 

ex-AllStar