Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in ProConnect on a 1065 partnership return do you enter the portion of 1099-DIV box 1a ordinary dividends that are short term capital gains?

AdeptAccounting
Level 2
I want to see this show up on Schedule D line 6 but can't figure it out. I can enter the amount as an adjustment on the Schedule K under Other Schedule K Items and STCG [Adjust], but to get it to show up on the Schedule D all I could figure is listing it as a Part I line 3 (box C) item.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Short term capital gain distributions are taxed as dividends. That's why they are in Box 1a on the 1099-DIV.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Short term capital gain distributions are taxed as dividends. That's why they are in Box 1a on the 1099-DIV.

Ex-AllStar
AdeptAccounting
Level 2

Thanks, that was what I thought originally. The client's prior year return listed it as a short term capital gain but I will just leave it all in Box 1a.

I'm still curious where the entry in ProConnect would be for Schedule D Line 6 items, if anyone knows.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's a carryover.

1. Navigate to Income > Dispositions (Sch D, etc.) > Schedule D/4797/etc.;
  2. In the top-right corner of the input screen, click on Carryovers/Misc Info; and
  3. Enter the carryover amount(s) under the Capital Loss Carryover section.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
AdeptAccounting
Level 2

Thank you, much appreciated.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @AdeptAccounting.  We're glad to help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers