Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter Ohio RITA estimated payments on the city e-file summary for e-file purposes?

TaxKen
Level 2
Its telling me for RITA e-file purposes the City Summary is the only thing sent, but I don't see the estimated payments made on the city efile summary. I want to make sure they are credited.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

That is an input screen, which means it requires manual input.  As the CD implies, it is for override.

If you are not overriding what's on Form 37, my understanding is that you shouldn't need to create this input screen in the first place.  And by removing it, you also won't get any diagnostic at all in spite of having e-file checked under Profile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

You might try using the Search function.  See first item in the search result.  Just in case things get reindexed, the topic is "Where do you enter City Income Tax Payments for OH - RITA cities?":

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuati...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxKen
Level 2
  • I did enter them in that location and they are showing up on the return correctly. They are not showing up on the city summary sheet. Since this is apparently all that is sent for the efile, I was asking specifically about them showing up and going through for the efile vs where they are currently entered. 
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you referring to this CD?

Please note: Once input is made in the input screen "Ohio RITA Resident City Summary (EF Only), every item on the resident city summary must be overriden. Once you have reviewed the resident city summary is correct, you can ignore this diagnostic and transmit the return.

That's not what you think it is.  It does not refer to the Tax Summary with YOY changes.  If you click on the View on Input Screen link, it'd bring you to the input page under State & Local > Taxes > Ohio RITA Resident City Summary (EF Only).  You must have created that form during the preparation.  It's a reminder that if you have made any input on that screen, you must make entries all line items.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxKen
Level 2

Exactly - that's the CD. The city summary I'm referring to is that location: State & Local > Taxes > Ohio RITA Resident City Summary (EF Only).  On this summary, the estimated payments made are not showing up, even though they are entered correctly and showing up on the Form 37. I wanted to make sure they would go through with the efile or if they wouldn't then have to paper file. Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That is an input screen, which means it requires manual input.  As the CD implies, it is for override.

If you are not overriding what's on Form 37, my understanding is that you shouldn't need to create this input screen in the first place.  And by removing it, you also won't get any diagnostic at all in spite of having e-file checked under Profile.

Still an AllStar