Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter in the total annuity payments received this year for an RRB-1099-R

wendijaclene
Level 2

I have entered in all of the information for the RRB-1099-R but I am not seeing where to enter in the total annuity payments received this year so my taxable calculation is showing 0, however working through Worksheet A in Pub 575 I should have a significant portion of taxable income.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Enter the taxable amount identical to the gross amount. Fill in the Simplified Method boxes. Lacerte will calculate the adjustment.

wendijaclene
Level 2

Let me back this up a little bit - - the taxpayer retired this year.  Has a RRB-1099 and an RRB-1099-R.  According to the how to enter instructions in ProConnect.  I entered the RRB-1099 in the Social Security screen (there is a spot for that and it makes sense as to why it belongs there).

If I enter the Gross Benefit amount in the RRB-1099-R then the taxpayer is being taxed twice on the same income.  However, that does begin the calculation (simplified method) for tracking the reduction in the employee contributions.

Thoughts? Suggestions??

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

It's not the same income. One piece goes in the Misc Income screen, one in the Pension screen.