Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter a 1099-NEC from employer Door Dash?

Where do I enter a 1099-NEC from employer Door Dash in Pro Connect.  Some answers I found say to claim it on the Schedule C. This is my first time entering a 1099 from Door Dash. Do I enter the income amount in the "other income" box? Other answers I found state to select Income, Misc Income, scroll down to other income. However, the amount will be reported on Form 1040, Schedule 1, line 8, as other income, and will not be treated as subject to self-employment tax or uncollected social security and Medicare on wages. Which is the correct answer for a 1099 from Door Dash? 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's earned income.  Earned income goes on schedule C and it is indeed subject to self employment taxes.  I would assume they have some expenses to offset the income?

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I dont aim to be rude but I cant believe the question that was just ask.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Employers use W2. That is your first clue that there is no Employer and this person is not an Employee. You can use Door Dash resources, such as:

https://help.doordash.com/dashers/s/article/Common-Dasher-Tax-Questions?language=en_US

That will help. Your taxpayer is acting as an Independent Contractor, using their own tools and resources. That's why you will be putting all the info on a Sched C. That means collecting all their qualifying expense and mileage, as well as the mixed use of that vehicle, and the 1099-NEC might not include tips, but their tax return needs to report all business income.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Income on Schedule C.

You can link 2106 mileage and other vehicle expenses to Schedule C in the first drop down.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns